The Rocket League Championship Series (RLCS) 2022-23 Season is almost here! Teams from all over the globe are set to compete for their share of the $6,000,000 prize pool and a shot at glory at the Rocket League World Championship. There's a lot to go over before we hit the gas on the upcoming season, so let's jump right into it!
Refining the RLCS Format
The RLCS 2021-22 Season was the biggest RLCS season yet. The name of the game for the RLCS 2022-23 Season is refinement and giving players and fans year-over-year stability. Check out what we've kept and what's new:
- The season is divided into Fall, Winter, and Spring Splits.
- Every Split has three Regional Events. Regional Event names are now standardized and are an Open, a Cup, and an Invitational (Example: Fall Open, Fall Cup, and Fall Invitational).
- The Fall Open will have fully Open Qualifiers to fill the 16 available slots.
- For the Winter and Spring Opens, the top eight in overall points will auto-qualify and the remaining eight slots will be filled by Open Qualifiers.
- Each Cup will have eight teams qualified via overall season points, and eight additional teams will qualify via Open Qualifiers.
- Each Invitational will field that region's top 16 teams in total RLCS points.
- Every Split is capped with an in-person, 16-team International Major.
- The invite structure of Majors remains the same.
- Each Split features a different format.
- Teams earn points during Regional Events and International Majors to qualify for the Rocket League World Championship.
- The amount of points earned at International Majors remains heavily weighted over Regional Events.
- Points have been adjusted to have lower totals.
- To give an idea of the change, the max amount of points a team can earn (a perfect run through Regional Events and International Majors) is 300, versus 5262 last season.
- Asia-Pacific North and Asia-Pacific South have been combined into a single Asia-Pacific (APAC) RLCS Region.
- A full ruleset will be released soon and will be found here.
In the Fall Split, a 16-team Swiss Stage will feed into an eight-team, Single-Elimination Bracket. For the Winter Split, four groups of four battle it out in a Round-Robin Group Stage to qualify for the 12-team, Single-Elimination Bracket. In the Spring Split, teams fight through a 16-team, Double-Elimination Bracket. The Rocket League World Championship format and qualification remain unchanged (APAC will still have two slots, but qualify from a single Regional League).
Roster Lock & Sign-Ups
For the upcoming Fall Split, here are the roster lock dates:
APAC, MENA, NA, and OCE: September 25 by 11:59 p.m. local time.
EU, SAM, SSA: October 3 by 11:59 p.m. local time.
Sign-ups for the RLCS 2022-23 Season will be live on Thursday, September 22 at 10 a.m. PT (5 p.m. UTC)! Assemble your roster, sign up for your region's events, and get ready to compete against the best Rocket League players on the planet. No pressure!
Broadcast Information and Key Dates
If you're looking for where you can catch your favorite team tear up the field, you can find the broadcast info for each RLCS Region here:
APAC: Twitch at 7 p.m. JST (3 a.m. PT)
MENA: Twitch at 6 p.m. KSA (8 a.m. PT)
OCE: Twitch at 5 p.m. AEDT (11 p.m. PT)
SAM: Twitch at 4 p.m. BRT (12 p.m. PT)
SSA: 5 p.m. SAST (8 a.m. PT) - Twitch channel to be shared later
- Asia-Pacific (APAC): October 8-9
- Europe (EU), Oceania (OCE), South America (SAM), and Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA): October 14-16
- Middle-East & North Africa (MENA): October 6-8
- North America (NA): October 7-9
- APAC: October 22-23
- EU, OCE, SAM, and SSA: October 28-30
- MENA: October 20-22
- NA: October 21-23
- APAC: November 5-6
- EU, OCE, and SSA: November 11-13
- MENA: November 3-5
- NA and SAM: November 4-6
- December 8-11
- December 13, 2022 - January 8, 2023
- APAC: January 28-29
- EU, SAM, and SSA: January 27-29
- MENA: February 2-4
- NA and OCE: February 3-5
- APAC: February 11-12
- EU, SAM, and SSA: February 10-12
- MENA: February 16-18
- NA and OCE: February 17-19
- APAC: February 25-26
- EU, SAM, and SSA: February 24-26
- MENA: March 2-4
- NA and OCE: March 3-5
- April 6-9
- April 11-24
- APAC: May 13-14
- EU, SAM, and SSA: May 12-14
- MENA: May 4-6
- NA and OCE: May 5-7
- APAC: May 27-28
- EU, SAM, and SSA: May 26-28
- MENA: May 18-20
- NA and OCE: May 19-21
- APAC: June 10-11
- EU, SAM, and SSA: June 9-11
- MENA: June 1-3
- NA and OCE: June 2-4
- July 6-9
- August 4-6
- August 8-13
More to Come
We're just getting started with the RLCS 2022-23 Season and we can't wait to kick it all off on October 7! There's more news including details on our live Majors and World Championship, content, and more coming your way throughout the whole season (keep your eyes peeled in the upcoming weeks). We'll see you on gameday!
Heute darf ich die erste Single Player Montage von Leptix als offizieller 3DG-RL Cutter ankündigen!
Best of W00D_W00D
Finals/3rd Place Match Deadline
This applies to ALL circuits. Your Finals/3rd Place (Week 10) results are due Tuesday 9/20 @ 12pm EDT (9am PDT/6pm CET)! Both teams are responsible for ensure match results are submitted accurately and on time. If your results are not reported to us within 24 hours of the deadline, the results will be in a double forfeit, and possible suspension from the Fall circuit. There will NOT be a link in your double forfeit email.
Summer Circuit 2022 Trophies
Congratulations to everyone who finished in the top of their divisions! We'll be assigning trophies out to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams over the next couple weeks. If you do not have your trophy by the time the Fall circuit starts, please let us know and we'll look into it! Once your trophy is assigned, you will receive an email. If you don't see your trophy on your profile, it should still be in your trophy case so make sure to expand that on your profile page and you can rearrange the trophies!
Fall Circuit Registration is OPEN!!
Now's your chance to get signed up for the Fall circuit to redeem your Summer circuit mistakes, or flex those Octanes and continue your reign on being one of the best teams in your Rank Tier! Head over to the IGL website right meow and get signed up!!
It's time to turn a new leaf, and REGISTATION IS OPEN!
One of our favorite times of the year!! Registration for the next season is official open!
Get signed up for the Fall Circuit today - don't put it off till the last minute!
Registration is currently open at https://www.indygamingleague.com/leagues and our full line up of games is:
- 3v3: US-East, Europe, US-West
- 2v2: US-East, Europe, US-West
- 1v1: US-East
- LTM 3v3 Dropshop: US-East
External Content twitter.comContent embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
NEXT DESTINY ESPORTS
Seit dem 16.02.2022 sind wir Partner von Next Destiny eSports. Die deutschsprachige eSport Organisation wurde am 09.02.2020 gegründet und ist am 01.09.2021 mit ihrer damaligen Partnerorganisation Summit Gaming fusioniert. Vertreten ist Next Destiny eSports in Rainbow Six Siege und Rocket League.
Mit Next Destiny eSports haben wir einen starken Partner für Scrims, Trainingsspiele und gemeinsame Turniere gefunden. Den ersten 3DG Scrimday, zu dem wir einen Kooperationspartner hinzu gezogen haben, haben wir zusammen mit Next Destiny eSports veranstaltet. Auch in Zukunft wird Next Destiny eSports unser erster Ansprechpartner für Veranstaltungen im eSport Bereich sein.
Vielen Dank für die gute Zusammenarbeit.
Ladies and Gentleman, START YOUR ENGINES!!
Let the Playoffs BEGIN!
Congratulations to everyone who made it into the Playoffs! Now its time to see who's the best in your Division! Playoff matches can be played starting TONIGHT and will go through next Monday, and results will now be due on Tuesdays at 12pm EST. You can find all of the brackets over on our Challonge page and simply search for your bracket. Example: Summer 2022 RL 3v3 East Div 11.Indy Gaming League - ChallongeIndy Gaming League (IGL) runs online, intramural video game Circuits (leagues) that are free to enter and are open to gamers of all skill levels! Check out…indygamingleague.challonge.com
TL;DR / Important Information
- Results are now due every Tuesday 12pm EDT. Since we are in the playoffs, there will NOT be any late submissions allowed. If you are having issues getting results submitted, immediately reach out to the Mod staff for assistance by sending a DM to @ModMail. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL LAST MINUTE TO SUBMIT
- Playoffs are now Tuesdays through Monday:
-- Round 1 (Week 7): 8/22 - 8/29
-- Round 2 (Week 8): 8/30 - 9/5
-- Semi-Finals (Week 9): 9/6 - 9/12
-- Finals/3rd Place (Week 10): 9/13 - 9/19
- Some teams will not have Round 1 matches, and some will go directly from Round 1 to Semi-Finals, so please make sure to look at the Challonge bracket for your division! (Bookmark it on your browser so its easier to pull up in the future)
- You have until Tuesday of each week to contact your opponent, if you do not hear back from them by Thursday, go to your team page and click Schedule then Contact Opponent. This will give them 48 hours to contact you! If you still do not hear back from them by Saturday, you may submit the match as a forfeit.
-- Reminder that sending a Friend Request does not count as proof of making contact. Either send them a DM or tag them in match-scheduling. If you cannot tag them, ask the @Mods for assistance.
- All @Rocket League matches are still Best of 5 until Semi Finals
- Rosters are also locked, so you will be unable to add/remove players for the rest of the Summer circuit.
-- If there is someone still pending verification on your team page (flashing in yellow), DM @ModMail and lets get that sorted out.
If you have any other issues or questions, feel free to DM @ModMail!
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PLAYOFF MATCHES!!!!!